If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you should see an AMD specialist Orange County CA respects as soon as possible.
- Blank spots in your central vision;
- Blurred areas near the center of vision;
- Distorted central vision;
- Objects not being as bright as they used to be;
- Inability to see fine details;
- Inability to see up close or at a distance; and
- Inability to recognize people’s faces (in severe cases).
- Visual acuity test;
- Dilated eye exam;
- Amsler grid;
- Fluorescein angiogram; and
- Optical coherence tomography.
An AMD specialist in Orange County CA can explain the details of these exams during your appointment at the Retina Associates of Orange County. Treatments for wet AMD may include intravitreal injections, eye drops, and in certain cases laser treatment.
- What is my diagnosis?
- Can the type of AMD I have be treated?
- Will my vision be affected now or in the future?
- Are there any symptoms I should watch for?
- How often should I have a follow up appointment with you?
- Are there any lifestyle changes I can make to decrease the symptoms?