When you’re experiencing eye problems, such as a torn or damaged retina, it may be time to speak with an eye doctor Santa Ana CA provides. The Retina Associates of Orange County is a clinical office tailored to treat people who have diseases and conditions of the eye. Affiliated with the most renowned hospitals in the area, our team of licensed and certified doctors provides the highest quality of care to every patient.
Conditions that May Require the Advice of a Santa Ana CA Eye Doctor
If you’re experiencing any clouding, bleeding, inflammation, infection, or distortions in the eye, you should contact an eye doctor Santa Ana CA trusts. These issues could indicate a problem in the eye, particularly the retina. Your retina is located at the back of your eye. It is thin, light-sensitive, and it controls your ability to see images. This not only includes the image itself, but also the overall focus and clarity of an image. Damage to this area might begin with a slight blurriness and evolve to dark spots, and even a decrease in central vision. If left untreated, blindness could occur. The retina can be damaged in a number of ways, including:
- A traumatic impact
- Old age
- Prolonged exposure to bright light
When you see an eye doctor in Santa Ana CA, you may be checked for retinal diseases such as:
- Macular degeneration
- Macular edema
- Macular hole
- Macular pucker
- Retinal tears or detachment
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Retinal vein occlusion
- + More
Whether you have been referred to The Retina Associates of Orange County by your primary physician, optometrist, or ophthalmologist, or if you are taking precautionary measures on your own, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
What to Expect when You Visit an Eye Doctor Santa Ana CA Residents Depend On
At The Retina Associates of Orange County, doctors are dedicated to restoring and preserving patients’ vision through a complete and accurate diagnosis. It is our objective to offer superior care throughout the continuum of each patient. When you schedule an appointment with an eye doctor Santa Ana CA has to offer, you can expect the following:
- Filling Out Paperwork: We will ask you to complete a detailed questionnaire about your medical history. This will help us to guide the treatment in a direction suited to your individual needs.
- Retinal Exam: A retinal examination in Santa Ana CA may take a bit longer than other examinations or medical consultations. When you contact The Retina Associates of Orange County, a friendly receptionist will be able to provide you with a general estimate of time needed to complete the exam.
- Initial Assessment and Pupil Dilation: If you wear glasses or contact lenses, please bring them with you to your first appointment. During the initial exam, we may apply eye drops to allow us to painlessly measure your eyes. A technician or doctor may also apply a second set of drop to dilate your pupils. This is necessary to examine the interior of the eyes.
Schedule an Appointment with The Retina Associates of Orange County
If you are experiencing any type of vision problem, it’s advisable to contact an eye doctor as soon as possible. To schedule your consultation with an eye doctor Santa Ana CA offers from The Retina Associates of Orange County, please call 714-500-8677.